The CSO50 Awards
The annual CSO50 Awards recognize 50 organizations (and the people within them) for their security project or initiative that demonstrates outstanding business value and thought leadership.
(please note: nominations must be completed online)
Benefits of Winning
- Winning companies are mentioned in a press release and have their project profiled in an article on csoonline.com – great for earning the respect of your colleagues and peers (and a great recruiting tool).
- Project champions at winning organizations may be invited to present their projects at the CSO Conference + Awards.
- Team members of winning projects are provided complimentary registration to the conference.
- The winning organization will be honored during the CSO50 Awards dinner, and will be called on stage to receive their award.
How Does CSO Judge the CSO50 Awards?
Working with judges including security experts, academics and CSOs, the CSO editorial team selects the 50 honorees based on information provided in their nomination. Nominators are encouraged to include any information about their project or initiative that they would like the judges to consider in their answers to the questions on the application, as we are unable to accept any additional materials beyond the entry form.
Judges rate the entries on the criteria shown below. Honorees named to the winner list are not ranked.
To be selected for a CSO50 Award, your nominated project or initiative must demonstrate excellence in:
- Innovation: The extent to which your organization used security in a new way or enabled new ways of improving the organization’s security and risk posture.
- Business results and value: The measurable impact, backed up by supporting data that your project has had on your organization’s business.
View honorees >
View previous winners >