The CSO50 Awards
The 6th annual CSO50 Awards will recognize 50 organizations (and the people within them) for their security project or initiative that demonstrates outstanding business value and thought leadership.
Executives and managers from honored organizations will be recognized among their peers and colleagues at the CSO50 Conference + Awards, to be held February 26 – 28, 2018, at the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona.
2018 CSO50 Award Winners:
- Albertsons Companies
- Allstate Insurance Company
- American Express
- American Public Power Association
- Arizona State University
- Bank of the Ozarks
- Bridgewater Associates, LP
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- CLP Holdings Limited
- Comcast Corporation
- Cook County Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Cox Automotive Inc.
- Delta Dental Plans Association
- Ellie Mae
- Fannie Mae
- Finning International
- GE Aviation
- HBO Latin America
- Health Management Systems
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NJ
- Infosys Limited
- innogy SE
- Jackson Health System
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Merit Network
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Polaris Alpha
- Premise Health
- Prudential Financial
- Rainforest Alliance
- State of Michigan, Department of Technology, Management, and Budget
- State of Missouri, Office of Administration
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA)
- The Clorox Company
- The Home Depot
- Tift Regional Health System
- United Nations Development Programme
- University of California
- University of Pennsylvania
- Xerox Corporation (recognized for 2 projects)
Benefits of Winning
- Winning companies are mentioned in a press release and have their project profiled in an article on csoonline.com – great for earning the respect of your colleagues and peers (and a great recruiting tool).
- Project champions at winning organizations may be invited to present their projects at the CSO Conference + Awards.
- Team members of winning projects are provided complimentary registration to the conference.
- The winning organization will be honored during the CSO50 Awards dinner, and will be called on stage to receive their award.
How Does CSO Judge the CSO50 Awards?
Working with judges including security experts, academics and CSOs, the CSO editorial team selects the 50 honorees based on information provided in their nomination. Nominators are encouraged to include any information about their project or initiative that they would like the judges to consider in their answers to the questions on the application, as we are unable to accept any additional materials beyond the entry form.
Judges rate the entries on the criteria shown below. Honorees named to the winner list are not ranked.
To be selected for a CSO50 Award, your nominated project or initiative must demonstrate excellence in:
- Innovation: The extent to which your organization used security in a new way or enabled new ways of improving the organization’s security and risk posture.
- Business results and value: The measurable impact, backed up by supporting data that your project has had on your organization’s business.